Tequila lime pie.. lime pie… te-key-la lime pie….
Whatever you want to call it. It’s boozy and delicious.
It may also be perfect for a certain Holiday coming up next week, ah yes that’s it! 4th of July!
You see where I’m going with this. Ha.
What are your fourth of July plans?! What are you making?! Do you have any fun traditions?!
Fourth of July is one of those easy low pressure holidays that I love. You don’t have to go out and buy everyone a gift and sitting in the sun by the pool ALL DAY is absolutely acceptable. Then at the end of the day all you have to do is go outside and you pretty much get a free firework show. Fourth of July. Is. Great.
Growing up I was for sure a sparkler obsessed kid. We would BBQ at a family members house, swim all day and then my dad would let us light fireworks for HOURS. We used to go to the fireworks stands and come back with what looked like could blow up a house. Those were the days. Ha.
The last few summers I have spent in Milford, PA. Most people have no idea where that is and that is okay. It’s a small itty bitty mountain town where I worked at a sleep away girls summer camp as a camp counselor. Yup, just like the Parent Trap. Spending 4th of July at a summer camp is constant fun and excitement. If there is one day out of the year that I miss working at camp the most it’s July 4th. If you’re still reading at this point I will also tell you that Jared and I met working at a summer camp, yeah I know it’s too cute to function.
I suppose at 23 now I tell myself I should be adult like and host a BBQ but in all reality I just want to sit on blow up flamingo in the pool and drink margaritas all day. Sooo this pie is kind of a blend of both. I baked and you bet I’ll have a margarita with my slice.
Also can we just take a minute and remember how delicious (by remember I mean I am going to have one this weekend..) those dry sugar cookies with like a two inch layer of frosting that are sold at the grocery store. They are topped with red, white and blue sprinkles?! Yeah they are so good. End rant. #fourthofjulyfavorites
Other citrus desserts you will love:
- No Bake Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Lemon Blueberry Cake with Lemon Buttercream
- Blood Orange Cake with Honey Mascarpone Frosting
This Tequila Lime Pie ( or Te-Key-Lime Pie) is like having a margarita in a pie, and you can totally have another margarita on the side! Enjoy!
1 1/2 Cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/2 Stick of unsalted butter melted
3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 – 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 Cup of key lime juice (*note key lime juice will give the pie more flavor than regular limes)
1/4 Cup of gold tequila
3 Egg yolks
1 Teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Press mixture evenly into a shallow 9-inch pie dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is fragrant and golden brown. Let crust cool for 15-20 minutes before adding in pie filling.
- In a medium bowl whisk together condensed milk, key lime juice, egg yolks, tequila and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour into pie dish and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool at room temp for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.