An easy sheet pan dinner filled with restaurant style chicken fajitas, peppers, and a zesty chili lime seasoning. Be sure to serve with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
Picture it. It’s Friday afternoon and you just changed into your ‘weekend clothes’. You’re off to try a new Mexican restaurant and are so excited to sit down for a good meal and feel a little more human.
You order a round of margs that taste a little bit too much like grocery store bottle mix. You remain hopeful and order a sizzling platter of chicken fajitas. You’re sitting across from your person probably trying not to look at your phone and be a little human. Suddenly the door opens from the kitchen and you hear IT. That head turning sizzle that makes you envious of whoever is getting that cast iron platter of deliciousness.
The server put down our fajitas in front of us. I took a big bite of chicken and a limp red pepper. It was… okay. Can anyone relate with this?! That thrilling feeling of trying a dish from a new restaraunt that you have been looking forward to (all week) only to have it probably be a B- at best.
Needless to say, I came home buzz-less from my weak margarita and a serious craving for ice cream because my fajitas just didn’t do it for me. The next day I still head a mega craving for some good Mexican food…
So I decided to take matters into my own hands!
I don’t have the capabilities to get a mega hot sizzling skillet rolling in my apartment’s little electric stove top. But I do have a great sheet pan and a hot oven. This Chili Lime Sheet Pan Fajitas recipe is a great way to get restaurant style fajitas for a fraction of the price.
This recipe is also GREAT for people who are new to the cooking world and need some easy weeknight dinner meals that you can throw together in less than an hour!
I started out with large red, yellow, and orange bell peppers and chunky slices of red onion as my veggie base. *Tip* If you wanted to make this a vegetarian dish you could swap out the chicken for mushrooms and serve with some hearty black beans!
Be sure to have tons of fresh cilantro, sour cream, warm tortillas, and creamy guacamole to serve your sheet pan fajitas with. These Chili Lime Sheet Pan Fajitas are so delicious we can even eat them tortilla-less for a lighter, healthier dinner.
We had some left overs and I saved them for a weeknight dinner and they held up so well! Be sure to save your extras for lunch/snack the next day!
Ingredients for Chili Lime Sheet Pan Fajitas:
- Chicken breast
- Red, orange & yellow bell peppers
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Lime Juice
- Topping: Sour Cream, guac and salsa
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken Chili Lime Fajitas at home:
- Make the marinade: combine salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
- Combine veggies & chicken and toss with olive oil, garlic, and marinade.
- Spread fajitas on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Toss with lime juice and cilantro before serving.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Are chicken fajitas healthy?
Yes, they are healthy! I love making these fajitas when I’m looking for a low carb meal. Swap out your tortillas for a fresh side salad or a side of black beans.
More Chili Recipes You’ll Love:
- Green Chili Queso Dip
- Mexican Kale Cesar Salad with Golden Corn and Quinoa
- Mexican Appetizer Snack Platter
- Beergaritas with Mezcal
If you make these Sheet Pan Chicken Chili Lime Fajitas recipe, I’d love to know how it goes!
An easy sheat pan dinner filled with restaraunt style chicken fajitas, peppers and a zesty chili lime seasoning. Be sure to serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
1 1/2 lb of chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 – red, orange & yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
5 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked pepper
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne (or more if you like it spicy!)
juice from 1/2 lime, +more wedges for serving
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, for serving + garnish
1 cup of guacamole, salsa, sour cream + cheese, for serving
8-10 warm, corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl combine spices: salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne.
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add all veggies and chicken strips to one large baking sheet or two small ones. Drizzle with olive oil, top with minced garlic and distribute spices evenly with your hands or a spatula.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Your veggies should begin to crisp up and chicken should be cooked thoroughly. Toss with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro before serving.
- Serve with warm tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and salsa for the ultimate fajita spread.