On our trip to Colorado last week we did a little road tripping through the Rocky Mountains. Being a foodie that I am I have always, always, always, wanted to try a real Palisade peach. They are home to some of the best peaches of America and if you didn’t know… I LOVE a good peach recipe.
We pulled off the side of a highway when we saw a sign that said ‘fresh peaches, 3 blocks north’. I practically screamed at Jared I was so excited. We pulled up to the cutest little country home and a small stand filled with TONS of peaches. Paul (the peach man) had an old truck bed full of them! He was so gracious and kind as he let us sample each and every variety. I must have had 3 peaches just trying them all.
We bought two bags full (only $5 bucks each!). We had at least two a day on our road trip as car snacks. I can honestly say that they were the best peaches I had ever had! At the end of our sampling Paul said, ‘you don’t eat Colorado peaches, you drink them’ and man was he right.
I’m still cranking out summer recipes until pumpkin spice lattes start back up at Starbucks! Ha! So today I brought you a blueberry peach brioche French toast recipe that was totally inspired by our trip to Palisade.
Brioche is amongst my favorite of the French toast breads. It’s got a chewy outside like hallah bread and a soft and sweet inside that soaks up maple syrup so well! This blueberry peach brioche french toast recipe is an easy oven baked French toast that makes brunch for a crowd so simple! You can whip this up the night before or the morning of before baking it off. Be sure to top with tons of powdered sugar and serve with a good quality maple syrup. Enjoy!
This blueberry peach brioche french toast recipe is an easy oven baked French toast that makes brunch for a crowd so simple!
1 Loaf of Brioche bread, thickly sliced
6 Whole eggs
½ Cup of almond milk, or your milk preference
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ Teaspoon of nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon of salt
1 Peach, sliced
1 Cup of blueberries
½ Cup of powdered sugar sifted
Warm server of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange bread slices in a large casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract , ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pour evenly over bread slices. Add sliced peaches and blueberries evenly in and around the brioche slices.
- If making straight away let mixture sit for 10-15 minutes and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 mins or until bread is golden. Serve with sifted powdered sugar and warm maple syrup.
To make the night before place plastic wrap tightly over french toast and refrigerate until morning.
Other French Toast recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice French Toast with Whipped Maple Butter
- Strawberry and Cream Overnight French Toast
- Overnight Bourbon French Toast