This Italian inspired Prosciutto and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Pesto Balsamic Vinaigrette is jam packed with flavor from fresh basil leaves, sweet and salty glazed pecans and tender roasted vegetables. Perfect when you want a light, healthy salad that doesn’t sacrifice any flavor!
5–6 cups of chopped butter lettuce
4 whole carrots, diced in half moons
1 zucchini, diced in half moons
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup of mozzarella pearls or cubes
6–8 slices of prosciutto, torn
1/2 cup of candied pecans or almonds, chopped
Salt+Pepper to taste
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
2 tbs of pesto, homemade or store bought
1/4 cup of thinly sliced basil leaves
Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Roast veggies: Toss zucchini and carrots with 1 tbsp of olive oil on a small baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt and black pepper and roast veggies for 20-25 mins or until carrots are tender and golden brown. Allow to slightly cool before topping on salad.
- For salad: In a large serving bowl combine butter lettuce, red onions, cooled roasted veggies, mozzarella, prosciutto, and candied pecans.
- For dressing: In a mason jar or small bowl add in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pesto, basil and salt, and pepper to taste. Add lid and shake for 30 seconds or whisk with a fork until the dressing has emulsified. Place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Toss ingredients with chilled dressing just before serving. Garish with more basil leaves, if desired.
Keywords: pesto, balsamic, prosciutto