1. Pumpkin Peel: To continue my clean slate when it comes to skin care I took advantage of the 25% body and self care sale at Sprouts this week. When I went in for my initial facial I wanted a chemical peel but was told that my skin was to sensitive for one. So instead I was given a pumpkin ‘peel’. Which is a mild enzyme peel that totally gives me that photoshop smooth skin look, but in real life! I have been using this pumpkin peel once a week and I really like the results. Plus, I got it for like $20 (on sale)!
2. Oprah’s speech at the golden globes: Oprah for Pres 2020, nuff said. Watch it here.
3. Props I’m loving! When ever I get into a creative rut I always seek out new props and I am instantly lifted into a good creative space again. When it comes to styling, some pieces are like ‘good ole faithful’ and other pieces are trendy and need to be replaced. Stores are starting to come out with more evergreen pieces now that the holidays are over, and these are some of my favorites!
4. Rose Bowl Flea Market Finds: This morning I made my way to the Pasadena Rose Bowl flea market! Luckily, two of my best friends live in Pasadena so we are all able to meet up and go over together. The Rose Bowl flea market is like the flea market of Los Angeles. Thousands of people come to the venue on the second Sunday of every month to hunt and dig for treasures. It has actually become quite trendy over the years. I feel super lucky to be able to be so close to some amazing finds. This Sunday I was on the hunt for a new kitchen runner rug, some office accessories and always always always new food props. I came up so lucky and actually found a kitchen rug for wait for it…… $150! SO EXCITED!
5. Tokyo Central: The very best hidden Japanese gem in so cal. My grandpa took us to this INCREDIBLE Japanese market last week for dinner and my market I mean huge specialty store. Not only did they have an incredible pre made sushi section (WOO!) they had dish ware, food, an incredible fish section and so much more. We went again for dinner this Friday and I am totally having an at home sushi party with my girlfriends next week because I was so inspired!
6. Upright Herb Gardens: I want to make one, buy one, fill one, and then make a second one because I’m so in love with them! I seriously love incorporating fresh herbs into all my recipes and especially cocktails. I have been peeking at a few ‘pre made’ ones that you can buy from the store and seeking out dimensions to make our own. And by make our own, I mean Jared will make it and I will make him a glorious dinner of his choice to say thank you 🙂 I’m loving this one from Williams Sonoma…
7. Office / In Home Studio Space: I’ve been sharing a ton on Instagram stories lately about plans for my second bedroom. We have a daybed that is staying in the room but I really want to turn the rest of the space into his and hers desks and a workspace for food styling. The room has a huge window that carries in a ton of natural light for photos. It’s a slow process but I think we are going for a look from The Everygirl Office like this plus our styled day bed to have more of a couch feel.