This Asian Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner is made with salmon fillets covered in a rich garlic-ginger glaze, loaded with fresh veggies and ready in under an hour.
1/3 cup soy sauce (low sodium is k!)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (1 inch piece)
2 teaspoons honey
Juice of half a lime
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
4 (6 oz) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick, pin bones removed)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 small bunch broccolini
6 small carrots, halved
1 cup shelled edamame beans
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, honey, lime juice, sesame oil and cornstarch. Place over medium heat and cook 2-3 minutes, or until mixture begins to simmer. One mixture begins to simmer, whisk every 30 seconds or so. Mixture will begin to bubble and thicken. Once thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from heat.
- Use 1/3 of Asian ginger-garlic mixture to spread evenly over salmon. Allow to marinate at room temperature (15-20 minutes) while preparing vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add peppers, onions, broccolini, carrots and edamame beans to a large sheet pan and toss with olive oil and 1/3 cup of Asian ginger-garlic mixture (reserve rest for dipping once sheet pan dinner is finished!). Cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove sheet pan and make 4 ‘pockets’. Place salmon in pockets and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with the rest of the ginger-garlic mixture, brown rice and edamame beans for a complete dinner. 🙂
- Use any mix of your favorite veggies! Some of my other favorites include zucchini, green beans, asparagus, cauliflower and cherry/grape tomatoes.
- If you want a gluten-free sheet pan dinner, tamari or coconut aminos are both great substitutes for the soy sauce.
Keywords: asian glaze, one-pan meal, easy