Hey there! Happy Thursday! I have been waiting for this day all week! Today I am taking over The Real Simple Magazine’s instagram feed and sharing this very salad as part of my takeover. I have been reading Real Simple Magazine since forever! It was my go-to magazine when I was still ‘dream’ designing my little home. It was such a unique opportunity and I couldn’t be more excited! If you’re looking to grow and expand your audience I highly recommend a takeover!
We are also sharing little clips inside the kitchen and some of my other favorite spring recipes. If you can’t tell, girlfriend is REAL happy it’s Spring again. I mean is it just me or have we been waiting a looooong time to break out the rosè and wear sundresses again. Yes girl, yes!
It’s wild to think that Easter is less than two weeks away and Target already has their ENTIRE patio section set up. Before we know it, it will be Christmas again. I am cherishing it for all that I can!
To keep spring rolling today I have got a classic cobb salad recipe with the most epic spring twist!
What can I say guys.
This salad is seriously the epitome of Spring. It’s got gorgeous yellow, pink and green colors popping out in every direction and the dressing is filled with fresh chives for that ‘fresh herb feel’ that we all love so much for spring.
Did I mention that I am going to start my little herb and tomato garden this weekend?!
Well, wish me luck because I seriously kill every effing plant that walks into this house. Jared jokingly thinks I’m such a plant assassin, but unfortunately, he’s probably right. I’ve got the blackest of black thumbs. I’m hoping that because these plants are outside I might be better off… We shall see!
Alright, back to salad! I love this spring cobb take because it’s filled with spring favorites like fresh radishes, pickled red onions, and creamy avocado slices.
It also has all the classic cobb flavors like blue cheese, hardboiled egg and butter lettuce. The real kick though… seared ahi tuna! I love love love ahi! It has been my go-to protein for all of my salads lately! I’m telling you, you’ve gotta give it a try!
Not only is this salad so delicious, it is great for serving at Easter, Mother’s Day or any other big spring gathering you have going on!
This is an easy salad recipe that doesn’t need a ton of explaining so I’m leaving you on your own! I know you can do it!
Follow the directions below for an epic spring cobb salad recipe. You got this girlfriend.Print
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 Cup of white wine or red wine vinegar
- 2/3 Cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh chopped chives, or any spring herb!for salad
- 1 Head of butter lettuce, chopped
- 2–3 Hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 3–4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 3–4 Ounces of blue cheese, sliced
- 1/2 Cup of pickled red onions, I use this easy pickling method!
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Piece/1/2 Lb of ahi tuna
- 1–2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- for dressing: In a small bowl whisk together dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together for 30-40 seconds or until emulsified. Place into the refrigerator until salad is ready to serve
- for salad: On a large platter create a base layer of chopped butter lettuce. Decoratively arrange (I know you can do it!) hard boiled eggs, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, pickled onions and blue cheese chunks. Tip* Keep each veggie section to groups of (3), it’s more appealing to the eye when serving!
- For tuna: In a heavy bottom or cast iron skillet heat olive oil on high heat. Rub ahi tuna with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Sear tuna steak on each side for one minute. Let steak rest for 2-3 minutes before thinly slicing (be sure to use a super sharp knife!) and serving. Serve with dressing on the side!