- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/3 Cup of white wine or red wine vinegar
- 2/3 Cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh chopped chives, or any spring herb!for salad
- 1 Head of butter lettuce, chopped
- 2–3 Hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 3–4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 3–4 Ounces of blue cheese, sliced
- 1/2 Cup of pickled red onions, I use this easy pickling method!
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Piece/1/2 Lb of ahi tuna
- 1–2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- for dressing: In a small bowl whisk together dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together for 30-40 seconds or until emulsified. Place into the refrigerator until salad is ready to serve
- for salad: On a large platter create a base layer of chopped butter lettuce. Decoratively arrange (I know you can do it!) hard boiled eggs, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, pickled onions and blue cheese chunks. Tip* Keep each veggie section to groups of (3), it’s more appealing to the eye when serving!
- For tuna: In a heavy bottom or cast iron skillet heat olive oil on high heat. Rub ahi tuna with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Sear tuna steak on each side for one minute. Let steak rest for 2-3 minutes before thinly slicing (be sure to use a super sharp knife!) and serving. Serve with dressing on the side!