This is a simple yet flavorful Skinny Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo recipe that is lightened up with cashew milk, but it is still just as creamy and delicious! The cashew milk adds another depth of nutty, buttery flavor. You would never know this recipe is a low calorie alternative!
8 oz (1 Standard box) Banza Spaghetti Chickpea Pasta
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
1 cup of Vegetable Broth
1 cup Cashew Milk, unflavored & unsweetened
3 Tablespoons Pesto (optional)
1 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Bring a large stock or regular pot of salted water (3 Tablespoons of salt or so) to a rolling boil.
- While water is boiling for noodles, prepare your sauce. When water comes up to a boil, add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes, or according to your package directions.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. After about 30 seconds, add in garlic cloves and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook for 60 seconds, stirring constantly. Mixture will be clumped together.
- Add in vegetable broth and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Be sure to whisk veggie broth and flour mixture continuously so sauce smooths out. Whisk in cashew milk to broth mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- At this point, stir in pesto, if desired! Add in Parmesan cheese and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper and stir for one final mix!
- Reserve pasta water and drain noodles with a slotted spoon! Add pasta into sauce and mix well.
- If sauce begins to thicken, add in a few tablespoons of pasta water at a time!
- Garnish with more Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves!