These lemon garlic chicken skewer bowls with orzo and green goddess sauce are easy to assemble and can be made quick and easy for a simple weeknight dinner.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Bowls:
1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Rosemary, minced
2 cups Cooked Orzo Pasta
Feta Cheese, diced in small chunks
Persian Cucumbers, sliced
Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
3 Zucchinis, thinly sliced
Green Goddess Sauce:
A handful of Fresh Basil
A Large Spoonful of Greek Yogurt
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, mix together cubed chicken, garlic, lemon juice, and rosemary. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to marinate.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare orzo pasta according to package directions, and prep your feta cheese blocks, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Place cubed chicken onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat BBQ grill or grill pan over medium high heat and lightly coat with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Grill zucchini slices for 2-3 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Season skewers with salt and pepper, coat grill with another 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and grill on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- In a shallow bowl, smear a thin layer of green goddess sauce, add 1/2 cup or so of cooked orzo, 2 zucchini slices, and 2-3 chicken skewers. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cubes and more fresh basil!
Green Goddess Sauce
- Combine all ingredients into a Vitamix, food processor, or blender for 30-60 seconds, or until creamy. Place in the refrigerator until bowls are ready to serve.
To Cook in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the cubed chicken in 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper, place on one half of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes. Toss the zucchini with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, season with salt and pepper, add to the other half of the baking sheet, flip chicken, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.