An easy, low carb version of chicken pad thai! This healthy pad thai recipe is made with zoodles instead of brown rice noodles.
For the pad thai:
3–4 Medium Zucchinis, spiralized
4 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 Yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 Carrots, shredded or thinly sliced
1 Cup of bean sprouts
2 Whole eggs, beaten
1 Lb of chicken thighs or breasts
1 Teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 Teaspoon of black pepper
For the sauce:
3 Tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
4 Tablespoons of fish sauce
3 Tablespoons of red chili sauce
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Thumb of ginger, grated
2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
1 Teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
Squirt of sriracha if you like it spicy!
- Heat a grill pan or heavy bottom skillet on medium heat with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 mins on each side or until internal temp reaches 165. Let rest for 5 mins and thinly slice, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add in thinly sliced onions, bell peppers, and carrots and cook for 5-6 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Push veggies to one side of the pan and add in beaten eggs. Begin to cook eggs, moving them often until they are scrambled. Stir veggies and scrambled egg together and add in sauce mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened a little.
- Add in zoodles and bean sprouts and coat well with sauce and make sure vegetables are well incorporated. Heat for 2-3 minute or until zoodles are tender but not mushy.
- Top with grilled chicken slices, cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts and black sesame seeds.
Put out small bowls filled with chopped cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts, black sesame seeds and limes! OR for a weeknight dinner just sprinkle toppings over bowls evenly.
Keywords: pad thai, healthy, zoodles, easy dinner, dinner