This easy 5 Layer Bean Dip has all of your favorite Mexican dips in one bite! Scoop up a mouthful of refried beans, guacamole, salsa, and zesty sour cream with a crunchy tortilla chip, or smear it all onto a tortilla for a yummy wrap. This dip makes the perfect appetizer for your next party, whether it’s margarita night, the Superbowl, or just a night in with friends – you can’t go wrong with all of these layers!
1 – (15 oz) Can Refried Beans
2 Avocados, peeled and diced
½ red onion, finely diced (reserve 2 tbsp for fresh layer)
1 tsp garlic powder
Juice of half a lime
½ tsp kosher salt
Zesty Sour Cream Layer:
1 (12 oz) container sour cream
1 tbsp taco seasoning
2 cups, freshly grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
1 tomato, diced or ½ cup red salsa
2 green onions, diced
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Spread the refried beans evenly onto the bottom of a square 9×9 inch dish small serving bowl.
- In a small bowl mash together the avocados with a fork, and add ½ diced red onion (reserving 2 tbsp for the top), garlic powder, lime juice, and kosher salt. Mash together until guacamole is smooth. Taste test for salt and spread over the layer of beans.
- In a small bowl or sour cream container, mix together with 1 tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning. Spread over the top of the guacamole.
- Freshly grate the cheddar cheese and add to the top of the sour cream.
- Top the top with fresh toppings. Add an even layer of tomato dice or red salsa, cilantro, green onions, and jalapeno. Serve immediately or wrap with plastic wrap and serve within 6-8 hours.
Make Ahead and Storage:
This bean dip is most delicious when it’s cooled, so you can easily make this a few hours ahead of time, cover it in plastic wrap, and pull it out to serve to your guests when you’re ready for the party to start!
Due to the fresh ingredients, I wouldn’t leave it in the fridge more than 6-8 hours before serving or the moisture will start to change the texture and consistency of the dip. However, if you cover it well it will last for 3-4 days in the fridge for you to snack on if there are leftovers from the party.
Keywords: Easy 5 layer bean dip, 5 layer dip with salsa