This Apple Butter Loaf Cake recipe is like your standard apple cinnamon bread with a gorgeous apple butter – brown sugar swirl running down the middle. It’s an easy quick bread recipe casual enough for breakfast or brunch yet elegant enough for the holidays.
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ cup apple butter
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temp
2 large eggs
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup, peeled and cored, diced apple chunks
- Prep loaf pan: Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the swirl: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, apple butter and ground cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix batter: Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold together gently until batter is evenly combined. Gently fold apples into the batter.
- Pour and swirl: Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Spoon out ½ of the apple butter swirl mixture onto the first half of the batter and swirl together gently with a knife. Pour the remaining batter on top. Top with the remaining apple butter mixture and swirl the top together gently.
- Bake, cool and slice: Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before slicing.
Store in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To freeze, cool completely, then wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Transfer to a plastic freezer storage bag, seal tight, label, date and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the kitchen counter.
Keywords: loaf pan, cinnamon, swirl