This apple cider sangria is my go to fall cocktail! In just five minutes and a handful of simple ingredients you’ll have a spiced batch fall cocktail that is perfect for any holiday. Each sip is laced with cinnamon apple flavor and crisp white wine for the perfect combo.
Save this recipe for the holidays!
A huge thank you to ALDI for sponsoring this post!
Why you have to make this apple cider sangria this holiday season!
- This fruity, fall flavor sangria takes minutes to come together! It’s an easy cocktail to make with a few simple ingredients and can be made ahead of time, the morning of or the night before a gathering.
- Thanksgiving prep needs cocktails too! It seems like the day before Thanksgiving is as much of a party as the real thing. I love being in the kitchen prepping, laughing with my mom and ending the day with a few rounds of this apple cider sangria. This drink is easy enough to whip together, and I can grab all the quality ingredients with a one stop shop at ALDI!
- If fall drinks are your jam… you will love this! I love ordering a spiced apple cider at Starbucks and this is just as good, but with wine! It’s a win win.
- The recipe is easily customized! I kept it simple with apples and cranberries but use your favs! Pears, blackberries, orange slices and cloves all work great in this sangria!
This year I’m doing my Thanksgiving shopping at ALDI! They make it an easy, one stop shop for affordable, quality ingredients for everything you need for a traditional Thanksgiving meal! Sides, Butterball turkeys, desserts, cocktails!– you name it!
ALDI is making shopping easy and safe this year by offering curbside pickup or delivery from Instacart. I love ordering all the ingredients for this easy apple cider sangria and an assortment of Artisan cheeses for a simple, affordable holiday cocktail hour at home!
Ingredients for Apple Cider Sangria:
- Giretto Pinot Grigio: I love using this Giretto Pinot Grigio for sangrias! Each sip has aromas of pear, apple and yellow plum with just a hint of spice! It blends great with the apple and cinnamon flavors of the sangria.
- Nature’s Nectar 100% Apple Cider: This cider is everything. Truly, one of the best kept secrets at ALDI. This cider is oozing with delicious apple flavor and spice. It’s great in this sangria or warmed up with a bit of bourbon for a fall treat.
- Apples: It wouldn’t be sangria without fruit! Pick two kinds of apples for color and flavor!
- Cranberries: In my opinion, cranberries make everything so festive. Just a cup will add in a sparkling jewel tone color.
- Rosemary sprigs: An optional garnish for the perfect pop of color and woodsy flavor.
- Cinnamon sticks: A flavor must! They make each sip feel a bit warmer and cozier.
How to make the sangria:
- Pour in the Giretto Pinot Grigio and apple cider into a large pitcher or punch bowl
- Add in the fruit: Two kinds of apples and cranberries!
- Give everything a big stir!
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and cinnamon sticks
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving!
Make it sparkling!
If you’re a bubbles lover in your cocktails (I am too!) try swapping out the white wine for prosecco or champagne. Refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour so that you don’t lose the sparkling flavor!
Sangria is a make ahead cocktail!
Which is honestly perfect if you’re having people over! Make this sangria ahead of time to allow all the flavors to come together. This also gives extra time for the fruit to soak up all that sangria magic for the perfect bite. I love having a cocktail prepped ahead of time so I’m not worrying about the meal and playing bartender.
Other Fall Cocktails to Try!Print
1– 750 ml bottle Giretto Pinot Grigio
2 1/2 cups Natures Nectar 100% Apple Cider
2 honey crisp apples, sliced
2 granny smith apples, sliced
1 cup cranberries
Rosemary sprigs, optional
- In a large pitcher, or punch bowl add in Giretto Pinot Grigio, Natures Nectar 100% Apple Cider, apple slices, cranberries, rosemary sprigs and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir sangria together and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Pour sangria into glasses and spoon a bit of the soaked fruit slices on top. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or rosemary sprig!
Keywords: sangria, apple, apple cider