Here is a Banana Nut Bread recipe with the volume turned up thanks to pecans and an ENTIRE bag of chocolate chips. Learn my secret to an incredibly moist banana bread loaf to serve at brunch, with a morning cup of coffee or even with a scoop of ice cream for a decadent, banana-filled dessert!
3 medium, very ripe bananas, plus some banana slices for topping
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted or softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips (or 12 ounces of chopped chocolate)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prep equipment: Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Mash bananas: In a medium bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth and slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar: In a separate large bowl, whisk together melted or softened butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add remaining wet ingredients: Add eggs and whisk until smooth. Then, add milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add the now mashed bananas to the batter and fold to combine.
- Stir in dry ingredients: Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to batter and gently stir until just combined. Do not over mix, batter lumps are okay.
- Fold in mix-ins: Gently fold in pecans and chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (reserve 1/4 cup for topping) until just combined.
- Bake: Pour batter into a prepared loaf tin and smooth the top. Top with extra banana slices and remaining chocolate. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Cool and slice: Allow banana bread to cool for 15-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Slice and enjoy!
Muffins: Turn this banana bread into muffins by lining a cupcake tip with liners. Bake for 25-30 minutes at the same temperature, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Storage: Keep your banana bread wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, foil or Tupperware at room temperature for 2-3 days or up to a week in the refrigerator.
Keywords: pecans, easy, quick bread