An easy recipe for the most unbelievably MOIST banana bread with chocolate chips! This classic banana bread is studded with pecans and chocolate. My secret ingredient to perfect banana bread: extremely over-ripe bananas.
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted or softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium, very ripe bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 bag of chocolate chips or 12 ounces of chopped chocolate
Banana Slices for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth and slightly chunky.
- In a large bowl combine melted or softened butter with brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs and whisk until smooth.
- To mixture, add milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add in in the mashed bananas to the batter and mix until incorporated.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to batter and gently stir until batter is combined. Do not over mix, batter lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (reserve 1/4 cup for topping) and pecans until just combined.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf tin, smooth the top and top with a few banana slices and remaining chocolate. Bake banana bread for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow banana bread to cool for 10-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and slicing.