This blackened shrimp recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! Ready in less than 30 minutes, these tender, juicy shrimp are perfect for salads, tacos or even your favorite pasta dish.
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl mix together shrimp, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, dried oregano, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and black pepper until well coated with seasoning.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add shrimp in and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until pink all around and cooked through.
- Drizzle with a bit of fresh lime juice before serving.
- Wait until the pan is hot. I know sometimes we get impatient, but it’s so important to wait until the pan is hot before adding the shrimp to cook. This will help you avoid overcooking or burning the shrimp, which could lead to them feeling very rubbery.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. Again, we have to be patient! I get so tempted to toss all of my shrimp into a large pan to cook at once, but this results in some shrimp cooking at a different pace than others. Cook just enough at a time so that all the shrimp can cook evenly.
- Fresh vs. frozen shrimp. Whether you use fresh or frozen shrimp, the outcome will still be delicious. I opted to use fresh shrimp for this recipe, but you can easily substitute frozen. Either way, the result will be tender, juicy shrimp!
Keywords: shrimp, blackened shrimp, seafood