This healthy broccolini salad is simple, quick and loaded with tons of flavors. Add your favorite protein to make it a meal!
2–3 bunches of broccolini
1 cup white or cannellini beans
⅓ cup toasted almonds
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
⅓ cup dried cherries or cranberries
Juice of one lemon
Cracked Black Pepper
Red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Chop broccolini stems in half (keeping the stems long). Add broccolini into the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove it from the water and place into a large bowl of ice water, this will stop the broccoli from cooking but will remain tender.
- Pat the broccoli dry and place onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle on beans, almonds, goat cheese and dried cherries on top of broccoli stems.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice evenly and drizzle a light layer of olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt, cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add some protein. Like most salads, you can beef up this recipe by adding your favorite protein, like beef or pork. Personally, I like to pair this broccolini salad with some kind of roasted meat, as it goes well with the saltiness of the crumbled goat cheese.
- Make a soup and salad combo. Who doesn’t love a nice 2-for-2? Pair this broccolini salad with a nice, hearty soup for a quick lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.
- Change up the ingredients. Not a fan of almonds? Leave them out! Prefer a different type of beans? No problem! Don’t like goat cheese? Swap it out for any nut or feta cheese you like! The best thing about salad recipes is how easy it is to change up the ingredients and customize.
Keywords: broccolini salad, broccolini, salad, broccoli