This butternut squash and spinach white lasagna are what cozy autumn nights were MADE for. This white lasagna is not only vegetarian and full of flavor, but made with THE creamiest bechamel sauce. You’ll be licking your plate clean.
for butternut squash:
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a large baking sheet spread out butternut squash cubes and drizzle with olive oil, minced garlic, sage, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and bake for 20-25 minutes or until squash is golden brown and tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor or blender add cooled squash, ricotta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until desired consistency is reached (I left mine a bit chunky for added texture). Set aside until lasagna is ready to layer.
- In a saute pan add in olive oil, garlic, and spinach. Cook down for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted, set aside.
for the béchamel sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 Tbs. butter. When the butter foams, add the flour and sage and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk a little at a time and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the shredded cheese, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a rolling boil. Add in noodles and cook according to package directions for ‘al dente’, about 8-9 minutes. Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside.
for lasagna assembly:
- Turn oven to 375 F. In a casserole dish add in 1-2 spoonfuls of bechamel sauce to the bottom of the pan. Layer lasagna noodles, butternut squash ricotta mixture, spinach, and bechamel until the pan is full to the top.
- Top lasagna off with more shredded Grand Cru and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is melty and golden.
- Serving Size: 8-10 Servings