This cherry pecan baked brie is a show stopping appetizer for any holiday. This wheel of creamy brie is topped with tart cherry preserves, pecans, rosemary and wrapped in flaky puff pastry. It’s easy an easy appetizer recipe that always makes a statement!
1 thawed sheet of frozen puff pastry
1 (8-12) oz brie wheel
All purpose flour
⅓ cup cherry preserves (or any flavor you like!)
¼ cup chopped pecans (any any nut you like!)
1 tbsp minced rosemary
1 egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto a surface and roll out the puff pastry to about a 10-12’’ square. Gently slice the top of the brie rind off and discard. Top brie with cherry jam, chopped nuts and rosemary.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and set aside.
- Place puff pastry over the top of the toppings and brie. Gently place your hand on top of the center of the brie and flip upside down with the other hand. Wrap the brie on the bottom, securing each flap with a bit of egg wash.
- Flip the brie upside down so the smooth side is facing the top. Brush the top with more egg wash. Garnish off with puff pastry leaves (if desired), brush with egg wash and sprinkle with rosemary and flaky salt.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let brie cool for 5 minutes or so before serving to firm up slightly (will still be gooey and delicious!).
Keywords: brie, cheese, cherry