These Chili Garlic Noodles are spicy, sweet and bursting with vegetables tangled around lo mein noodles in a shiny, glossy sauce ready in under 25 minutes!
8-ounces lo mein noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil, more for noodles
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled + julienned
3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces + more for topping
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon red chili flakes (less if you don’t like spicy)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili garlic paste)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
¼ cup water
sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, toss with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- While your water is boiling, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, carrots, and green onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic cloves and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add red chili flakes, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, sambal oelek and sesame oil. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add noodles into the mixture and stir together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Pour into the noodle mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until thick and saucy.
- Divide into two bowls. Top with more green onions, sesame seeds and sriracha, if desired.
Nutrition facts are based on 2 servings.
Keywords: stir fry, easy, sweet and spicy