These easy Chipotle BBQ Jackfruit Tacos taste just as if you were eating pulled pork! Secretly vegan too, so you can fool all your friends!
For chipotle bbq jackfruit ‘meat’:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, diced
2 cans jackfruit, in brine, preferably Trader Joe’s brand
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1–2 Tablespoons canned chipotle adobo liquid (more or less if you like it spicy)
½ can of light beer
1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup your favorite bbq sauce
For mango guacamole:
2 avocados, mashed
¼ red onion, finely diced
½ jalapeno, minced
Juice from 1 lime
½ teaspoon salt
Handful of cilantro, chopped
½ cup mango chunks, finely diced
- In a cast iron skillet heat oil on medium heat. Add in onion and cook for 5-10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in jackfruit, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper and chipotle adobo liquid. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in beer and broth and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes on a low simmer until most of the liquid has cooked off. Stir in bbq sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- In a molcajete smash avocados until chunky and creamy. Add in red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Top with mango chunks and serve.
- Heat corn tortillas over an open flame, top with two spoonfuls of chipotle bbq jackfruit and a dollop of mango guacamole. If desired, serve with extra bbq sauce.
Use vegetable broth to make this recipe vegan.
Keywords: Jackfruit Tacos, Jackfruit Tacos Recipe, Jackfruit Pulled Pork, Jackfruit Pulled Pork Recipe, Vegan Jackfruit Tacos