2 tbsp butter, divided and softened
2 slices of sourdough bread, (or other sliced white bread)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tsp canned chipotle adobo sauce, divided
½ cup shredded colby jack cheese
1 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, thinly sliced
½ cup cooked shredded chicken
2 tbsp bbq sauce
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter thinly on one side of each sourdough bread slice and set aside. Place the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into a heavy bottom skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise and chipotle adobo sauce. Smear chipotle mayo evenly onto both sides of unbuttered side of bread.
- On one bread slice, sprinkle the shredded Colby jack cheese evenly.
- Top cheese with 1/2 fresh California avocado thinly sliced.
- In a small bowl mix together shredded chicken and 2 tbsp of bbq sauce until well combined. Add the chicken onto the other slice of bread and put the slices together to form a sandwich.
- Heat heavy bottom skillet on medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the sandwich to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side on medium heat or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Add in 1 tbsp of water to the bottom of the pan and place a lid over the sandwich. The steam from the water will help melt the cheese and make the sandwich cheesy and gooey. Remove from pan and serve with a pickle and/or tomato soup.
- I love using rotisserie chicken for this recipe but feel free to sub in with your favorite chicken or leftover cooked chicken.
Keywords: avocado, sandwich, lunch