These Chorizo Breakfast Tacos are packed to the brim with fresh Mexican chorizo, soft cheesy scrambled eggs and fresh toppings wrapped in a warm tortilla.
12 oz fresh Mexican chorizo
2 Tablespoons half-and-half or milk
1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
flour or corn tortillas
avocado slices or guacamole
sliced green onions
red salsa or hot sauce
- Cook your chorizo in a small skillet for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Keep warm and set aside.
- For soft scrambled eggs, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until light and foamy.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a medium non-stick pan on medium-low heat until melted and the pan is coated. Add in the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs by turning them over gently with a silicone spatula. When egg curds start to form, lower the heat and cook the eggs, turning them gently until they are just cooked. Remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese on top. Place a baking sheet over the pan to allow steam to melt the cheese.
- Heat the tortillas over a fire, gas stove or in a dry skillet, until warmed through or lightly charred.
- Assemble the tacos by layering chorizo, soft scrambled cheesy eggs, avocado slices, sliced green onions and salsa or hot sauce.
For best results, seek out fresh Mexican chorizo in the fresh meat section of your grocery store.
Keywords: spicy, smokey, easy