Introducing the Pomegranate Christmas Margarita — your new favorite Christmas cocktail. It wouldn’t quite feel like the holidays without a margarita on Christmas, right? It is 2020, after all, so anything goes! Fortunately, I’ve crafted Christmas in a cup that maintains the classic flavor of your favorite margarita, a delicious twist to top off this crazy year.
For ginger simple syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 thumb of ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 fl oz gold tequila
- ½ fl oz orange liqueur
- 1 fl oz fresh lime juice
- 1 fl oz pomegranate juice
- ½ –1 fl oz ginger simple syrup
- Ginger Beer, optional
- To make the ginger simple syrup, bring 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a simmer. Remove from heat and add in ginger slices and cinnamon sticks. Steep for 10 minutes and strain simple syrup into a mason jar or seal tight container.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, pomegranate juice, and ginger simple syrup. Fill with ice and shake for 20-30 seconds or until well chilled. Strain into a margarita or low ball glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with a light layer of ginger beer (optional) and gently stir together. Garnish with cinnamon stick, mandarin wedge and pomegranate aerials if desired.
Keywords: christmas, margarita, christmas margarita, pomegranate, pomegranate margarita, cocktail, christmas cocktail, holiday cocktail