This incredibly moist cinnamon banana bread is laced with buttery, cinnamon sugar swirls in every bite. This is a foolproof easy recipe that is perfect when you need a delicious, simple dessert in a pinch. My secret ingredient for perfect banana bread every time: over-ripe bananas!
A big thank you to Happy Egg Co® for sponsoring and supporting The College Housewife, all opinions are my own.
Some of my happiest moments in the kitchen are spent making great, foolproof staple recipes. Today’s cinnamon banana bread is the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket when you need something quick, delicious, and easy.
Why I love this recipe!
This cinnamon banana bread is loaded with moisture and flavor. Laced between the bread is a rich, cinnamon sugar swirl that you can taste in every bite!
The whole batter comes together in just one bowl without any mixers or fancy equipment. Just grab a large batter bowl and a standard 9×5 loaf tin.
The eggs in this recipe are Happy Egg Free Range Eggs™ . I love using Happy Eggs because they have the best tasting, farmer’s-market quality eggs and are great for your baking recipes or everyday meals. Happy Eggs hens have over 8 acres of pasture to roam which is SO important considering most of the eggs at the grocery store come from hens that never even go outside!
Ingredients for Cinnamon Banana Bread:
- brown sugar
- happy egg free range eggs
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
Use this handy store locator to see where you can find Happy Eggs closes to you!
How to make Cinnamon Banana Bread from scratch:
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl mash together 3 very ripe bananas. I like to leave them a little chunky for extra texture!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth.
- Add in mashed bananas and milk to batter and stir.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt and gently fold the batter together. Don’t over mix or the batter will be tough!
- To make the cinnamon swirl, in a small bowl mix together brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. The mixture should be moist and thick.
- Layer in 1/3 of the bread batter and a few teaspoons of the cinnamon mixture. Swirl with a spatula or butter knife. Continue until batter is mixed.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins:
This cinnamon banana bread batter works great for muffins too!
Line a cupcake/muffin tin with liners and fill halfway. Top with a small teaspoon of the cinnamon swirl mixture and cover the muffin with more batter. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
How do I get my banana bread super moist?!
Start with extremely over-ripe bananas. I’m talking like almost black, okay?! Overripe bananas are sweetest and hold great moisture for banana bread!
How to Upgrade your Banana Bread Recipe:
- Add some nuts: walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, any crunch will amp up the flavor!
- Add chocolate chips: my personal favorite. Try some on top of the bread or mixed into the batter.
- Try a swirl of Nutella: swirl in a few layers of Nutella just like the cinnamon swirl mixture and dollop the top with a swirl before baking.
- A little bit of nut butter: mix in a 1/4-1/2 cup into the batter if you’re a nut butter lover. The flavor is strong and it will add extra protein.
Other easy bread recipes to try!
- Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Lemon Poppyseed Loaf with Lemon Curd Core
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Mini Pumpkin Loaves
Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 slices 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This incredibly moist cinnamon banana bread is laced with buttery, cinnamon sugar swirls in every bite. This is a foolproof easy recipe that is perfect when you need a delicious dessert in a pinch.
For Cinnamon Banana Bread:
1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted or softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 large Happy Eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 medium, very ripe bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
For Cinnamon Swirl:
3 tbsp melted butter
¼ cup + 2 tbsps brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 banana, cut lengthwise
For the banana bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth and slightly chunky.
- In a large bowl combine melted or softened butter with brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs and whisk until smooth.
- To the mixture, add milk and vanilla extract until combined. Add-in in the mashed bananas to the batter and mix until incorporated.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt to batter and gently stir until batter is combined. Do not over mix, batter lumps are okay.
For the cinnamon swirl:
- Mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
Pour 1/3 batter into a prepared loaf tin, smooth the top, and top with 1/3 of the cinnamon swirl mixture. With a butter knife or spatula, mix the cinnamon swirl into the batter lightly. Continue with two more increments and top with remaining cinnamon swirl mixture and 1 banana cut lengthwise.
Bake banana bread for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow banana bread to cool for 10-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and slicing.
Keywords: banana dessert, loaf bread, easy baked recipe
Save this Pin to your desserts board!