(2) Packages 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp black pepper
Heavy Pinch of kosher salt, or to taste
2 tbsp minced rosemary, reserve 1 tbsp for topping
⅓ cup dried cranberries or cherries, reserve 2 tbsp for topping
3 tbsp green onions, finely diced reserve 1 tbsp for topping
1 ½ cups sharp white cheddar cheese (reserve ½ cup for topping)
¼ cup chopped pistachios, +2 tbsp for topping
- Mix the ingredients: In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, kosher salt, rosemary, dried cranberries, green onions, white cheddar cheese and pistachios.
- Shape into a ball: Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap onto a flat surface and transfer the cheese mixture to the center. Wrap the cream cheese and form into a ball.
- Chill: Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until the ball is semi-firm.
- Mix toppings together: Add remaining 2 tbsp rosemary, 1/3 cup dried cranberries, 1 tbsp green onions, ½ cup cheese, and ¼ cup of pistachios to a baking sheet. Mix together until evenly dispersed.
- Roll in toppings: Remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and onto the baking sheet. Roll the ball into toppings until evenly coated.
- Serve: Transfer to a serving platter and serve with a variety of crackers, pretzels, chips and veggies
*The cream cheese is easier to incorporate when it’s at room temperature.
Electric stand or hand mixer: Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and seasonings on medium speed until combined, then reduce the speed to low and mix in the remaining ingredients. Shape and chill as instructed.
Keywords: party, crackers, holiday