This creamy mushroom gnocchi pairs a mouthwatering sauce made of brown cremini mushrooms and fresh rosemary with light, pillowy potato gnocchi. Easy enough to make on a weeknight, this mushroom gnocchi is the perfect vegetarian dinner but also pairs amazing with chicken or steak.
1 DeLallo Gnocchi Kit
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 lbs brown cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup chicken broth
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cracked black pepper
Fresh Italian chopped parsley
- For the gnocchi: prepare and cook DeLallo Gnocchi kit as package directions.
- Prepare mushroom sauce: Add in butter, mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt, and pepper to a medium skillet on medium heat. Cook until mushrooms have lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add in 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté onion until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine to deglaze and loosen any bits off the pan and simmer a few minutes until the wine has almost evaporated. Whisk in the chicken broth, dijon mustard heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- To thicken the sauce further if desired, combine 2 tsp cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water (or broth) and mix well. Add cornstarch mixture into the broth a little bit at a time to reach desired consistency. You may not need all of the cornstarch mixture. Taste test for salt and pepper and season accordingly.
- Add cooked gnocchis to the sauce and mix together. Top with freshly chopped Italian parsley before serving.
Keywords: mushroom, gnocchi, creamy, mushroom gnocchi, vegetarian dinner, weeknight dinner, quick and easy recipe, easy dinner