This easy matcha tiramisu is layered with ladyfingers soaked in a sweet matcha mixture and a whipped mascarpone cream mixture with no eggs!
This spring dessert is an Italian classic with a Japanese flare that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
For lady fingers:
2 cups hot water
3–4 tablespoons of matcha powder +more for sifting on top
2 tablespoons kaluha
1 tablespoon of honey, optional
For cream filling:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
14 Ounces / 24 Lady Fingers
- In a small bowl, whisk together hot water and matcha powder until smooth. If matcha powder is sweetened, forgo honey addition. If you’re matcha powder is unsweetened add in 1-2 tablespoons of honey to sweeten the mixture. Stir in kaluha and let cool.
- With a stand or hand mixer begin to whip the heavy whipping cream on high until stiff peaks begin to form. Add in the mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract, salt and sugar. Whip until smooth.
- Quickly submerge the lady fingers into the matcha mixture. Be careful not to oversaturate. Arrange them into an even layer in a casserole dish and sift with matcha powder.
- Spread an even layer of the cream mixture over the first layer of lady fingers and repeat process once more.
- Sift over one last layer of matcha powder, cover tiramisu and refrigerate for 2-4 hours. If you’re short on time, you can serve right away but the chill time will provide more depth and flavor.