This fall salad is the perfect starter for Thanksgiving or a holiday meal. Filled with fresh Taylor Farms organic greens, roasted butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, quinoa, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and pancetta.
Fall salads are some of my FAVORITE kinds of salads. They are usually loaded with hearty flavors like rich nuts, creamy cheeses, and hearty vegetables. If you’re thinking of making a salad for Thanksgiving I highly recommend one like this.
We started the salad with a hearty base of Taylor Farm’s organic greens. They are my go-to greens, especially during the holidays. They are pre-washed and ready to go which saves me SO much time.
On top is a diced roasted butternut squash. If you’ve never tried roasted vegetables on a salad your world is about to change! It adds such an extra depth of flavor. Just be sure to bring them down to room temp because no one likes hot veggies on a crisp salad.
Other toppers include pomegranate seeds, quinoa, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and pancetta. You can make the base of the salad the night before if needed and then just toss it together with the maple cider vinaigrette just before serving.
Ingredients for a fall salad with roasted butternut squash and pomegranates:
- Taylor Farms Organic Kale Medley
- Olive oil
- Butternut squash
- Salt & pepper
- Pomegranate seeds
- Goat Cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Maple syrup
How to make this fall salad:
- Bake the squash: Preheat oven to 400 F. Cube butternut squash, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Let cool before topping with salad.
- Add the greens: Fill a large serving platter or salad bowl with Taylor Farms Kale Medley.
- Top greens with cooled butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, quinoa, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, sage and dressing.
- Serve with dressing on the side or tossed in.
Other ways to top this salad:
- Oops all veggie! If you want this to be totally vegetarian omit the pancetta and add in another grain like farro or barley.
- Add grilled chicken: If you want this salad to be a bit heartier as a main meal add in some grilled rosemary chicken.
- That’s nutty! If you don’t like pecans this salad is excellent with pecans, walnuts or almonds.
More salad recipes you will love:
- Fall Harvest and Gorgonzola Salad
- Kale and Quinoa Citrus Salad
- Apple and Persimmon Salad
- Prosciutto and Roasted Vegetable Salad
Fall Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash and Pomegranates
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 side portions 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
This fall salad is the perfect starter for Thanksgiving or a holiday meal. Filled with fresh Taylor Farms organic greens, roasted butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, quinoa, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds and pancetta.
6-8 Cups of Taylor Farms Organic Kale Medley
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
Salt & pepper
1 Cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 Red onion, finely diced
1 Cup quinoa, cooked
⅔ Cup of crumbled goat cheese
¼ Cup of pumpkin seeds
5 Oz of pancetta
1 Tablespoon of thinly chopped sage
¼ Cup of apple cider vinegar
½ Cup of olive oil
1 Teaspoon of dijon mustard
1 Teaspoon pure maple syrup
1 Teaspoon of kosher salt
½ Teaspoon of black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping with salad.
In a large bowl or platter, fill with kale medley, cooled butternut squash, red onion, pomegranate seeds, quinoa, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, sage and pancetta.
In a small bowl whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, pure maple syrup, kosher salt and black pepper until smooth. Top salad with dressing if serving right away or refrigerate both salad and dressing until serving.