½ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
½ cup club soda
Fresh sage leaves (about 20-30)
Vegetable oil or Grapeseed oil
Sea salt, for topping
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, and cracked black pepper.
- Whisk in club soda as it streams into the flour.
- Heat a medium skillet with ½ inch of oil on medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 F. Drop a bit of the batter into the oil, if it bubbles up the oil is ready to go.
- Dip the sage leaves into the batter and into the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until the leaves are golden brown.
- Transfer leaves to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with sea salt while the leaves are still warm.
Keywords: sage, fried, appetizer