Gingerbread House Chex Mix is a fun and festive treat to keep around during the holidays. Made with classic candies in just 20 minutes or less, this easy holiday dessert is perfect to snack on during all of your favorite family traditions!
4 cups Rice Chex
4 cups Cinnamon Rice Chex
⅓ cup unsalted butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 ½ tbsp molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
2 cups gingerbread house candies (gum drops, etc)
1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Chex and Cinnamon Rice Chex and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Microwave for 30 second increments until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is melted.
- Pour the melted butter spice mixture on top of the cereal. Microwave uncovered for 3-4 minutes, mixing after each minute until the cereal is well-coated and glazed. Spread onto a prepared baking sheet and stir in gingersnap cookies and gingerbread house candies.
- Add white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, then microwave at 30 second increments, stirring after each time until the chocolate is melted. Drizzle white chocolate onto cereal evenly and refrigerate until the mixture has hardened. Carefully break apart pieces and place into a serving bowl or dessert bags.
Keywords: Gingerbread House Chex Mix, gingerbread, gingerbread house, chex mix, chex, christmas chex mix, holiday treats