These healthy blueberry muffins with almond flour are moist, rich in flavor and bursting with fresh blueberries!
They are made with healthy ingredient swaps like almond flour, honey, and coconut oil. Perfect for when you’re craving something sweet, but still want to be staying healthy.
3 cups almond flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup honey
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen +extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a muffin/cuptake pan evenly with non stick spray or line with cupcake/muffin liners.
- Combine dry ingredients: in a medium bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients: in a large bowl crack the eggs and whisk with the honey until just combined. Add in the coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond milk and whisk together. Pour the almond flour mixture into the wet mixture in two parts, whisking after each addition. Do not over mix. The batter will be on the thicker side.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Scoop the batter into your cupcake/ muffin tin.
- Place muffins in the middle of the oven, sprinkle tops with a few additional blueberries and bake at 425 F for five minutes and then turn the oven down to 350 F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Test muffins with a small knife or a toothpick inside the middle of a muffin, if the toothpick comes out cleanly they’re finished.
- Allow muffins to cool for at least ten minutes before transferring to a wire rack.