Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins are moist, rich and bursting with fresh blueberries! Made with healthy ingredient swaps like almond flour, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, low carb and paleo!
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 eggs, room temperature
½ cup maple syrup or honey
¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
¼ cup almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract, optional
Zest of 1 lemon, optional
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup blueberries, plus more for topping
- Prep equipment: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or evenly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with the maple syrup. Add the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- Make batter: Pour the almond flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir with a large spatula until just combined. Fold in the blueberries. Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes so the almond flour can absorb the wet ingredients.
- Bake: Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle tops with a few additional blueberries. Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Test muffins with a small knife or toothpick inserted in the center. If it comes out clean, they’re finished.
- Cool: Allow muffins to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container or plastic ziptop bag for up to 2 days at room temperature or 5 days in the fridge.
Freeze: Cool the muffins completely, then transfer to a freezer-safe plastic storage bag. Lay flat in your freezer and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge or right on the kitchen counter.
Reheat: To enjoy warm, pop one in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, or set in a toaster oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or so.
Keywords: blueberries, breakfast, healthy