Healthy Greek Chicken Pita Wraps are my go to desk lunch these days! Flavorful lemon garlic chicken topped on pita bread with tzatziki, pickled red onions, feta cheese, and Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad! A big thank you to Taylor Farms for keeping this blog up and running!
Happy Monday Babes!
I always try and start Monday on a fresh and healthy note and today’s healthy greek chicken pita wraps are perfect for this! Chances are I have had too many rounds of chips and guac and margaritas over the weekend, I’m only human okay?!
I spent most of February in Colorado and Chicago for a Purely Elizabeth photoshoot and The Inspired Home conference! Traveling for work is always exciting but I was stoked to finally have some time at home. I was determined to spend the whole weekend outside because I have been in and out of freezing temps and this California girl can’t hang.
On Saturday we went for a five-mile hike with Rascal and I spent most of Sunday outside in the backyard restaining the herb garden planters and painting the back fence. You can see just how ugly it looked here and here. It was a total eyesore in photoshoots and I finally got the ‘okay’ from our landlord, Jeff.
You can see the final result in my Instagram story right now! This time of year I get so antsy for summer to come and I can’t wait to get the backyard in prime shape for parties again. Our little house was made for the summer because the inside is so small. My prime entertaining/party months are from April to October.
I also try and take Sunday’s to clear out my science experiment that is my refrigerator and restock it with healthy things. I honestly find it so much easier to eat healthier and not fall off the wagon so easily when my fridge is stocked with healthy finds. I love to fill her up with hard boiled eggs, string cheese, fruit portions, Taylor Farms Chopped Salad Kits, and easy lunch options. I would literally rather clean my entire house than spend Sunday meal prepping so I just make sure to have some great options on hand.
I have lunch at home so this week I’m getting everything together for a healthy greek chicken pita wrap situation!
I stock up on the Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad Kit from Costco and use it in all sorts of meals throughout the week. For dinner, I’ll fix a salad up with some garlic oregano chicken skewers and this week I’m using it to top off these healthy greek chicken pita wraps! For some reason, my healthy lunch options usually end up being a Greek or Mexican flavor! Whip up a batch of the ingredients on Monday for lunch and you’ll be covered all week!
- 4 Pita pockets
- 1 Cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3/4 Cup pickled red onions
- 3/4 Cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup of tzatziki
- Handful of kalamata olives
- 1 Lb Chicken breasts
- 1 Lemon, juice
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 Zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad, prepared for topping & serving
- For Chicken: In a large bowl mix together cubed chicken, garlic, lemon juice, and minced rosemary. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to marinate.
- Lightly coat bbq grill or grill pan with olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill on each side for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes and dice into cubes.
- Top each pita bread off with a thin layer of tzatziki, 1/2 cup of cooked chicken, pickled red onions, feta cheese, cucumber slices, tomato halves and Taylor Farms Salad blend.
- To quick pickle your red onions, thinly slice 1 red onion and place into a large mason jar. Pour ½ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp of sugar, and 1 ½ tsp of kosher salt. Shake jar vigorously and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour. Will keep for 2 weeks.
- 1 Cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1 Tsp of fresh garlic
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 Tbs of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tsp of pepper
- For tzatziki sauce: Peel and dice cucumber finely (some people prefer to shred the cucumber). In a small bowl add all ingredients to combine. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.