Healthy Greek Chicken Pita Wraps are my go to desk lunch these days! Flavorful lemon garlic chicken topped on pita bread with tzatziki, pickled red onions, feta cheese, and Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad!
4 Pita pockets
1 Cup feta cheese crumbles
3/4 Cup pickled red onions
3/4 Cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
1 Cup of tzatziki
Handful of kalamata olives
1 Lb Chicken breasts
1 Lemon, juice
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon of fresh rosemary, minced
3 Zucchinis, thinly sliced
1–2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Taylor Farms Mediterranean Crunch Chopped Salad, prepared for topping & serving
1 Cup of plain greek yogurt
1/4 of a cucumber
1 Tsp of fresh garlic
Juice from half a lemon
1 Tbs of fresh dill, chopped
1 Tsp of pepper
- In a large bowl mix together cubed chicken, garlic, lemon juice, and minced rosemary. Place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to marinate.
- Lightly coat bbq grill or grill pan with olive oil. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill on each side for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes and dice into cubes.
- Top each pita bread off with a thin layer of tzatziki, 1/2 cup of cooked chicken, pickled red onions, feta cheese, cucumber slices, tomato halves and Taylor Farms Salad blend
For pickled red onions
- To quick pickle your red onions, thinly slice 1 red onion and place into a large mason jar. Pour ½ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp of sugar, and 1 ½ tsp of kosher salt. Shake jar vigorously and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour. Will keep for 2 weeks.
For tzatziki sauce
- Peel and dice cucumber finely (some people prefer to shred the cucumber). In a small bowl add all ingredients to combine. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Keywords: healthy, greek, pita, wraps