Say hello to the newest appetizer board in your life: the snack board! This California Avocado snack board with Avocado dip is a light appetizer pairing perfect for happy hour, a snack or even dinner/lunch with the right fix-ins! The opportunities are endless. This tangy avocado dip comes together in just five minutes and is made with fresh ingredients like ripe, fresh California ripe Avocados, hummus, feta cheese, and garlic!
A big thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post, all opinions posted are my own.
Say hello to the snack board!
Were you a lunchable type of kid? I know I was. And now as an adult, the idea of a charcuterie board at any time of day excites me. The newest kid on the block: the snack board! Build similarly but different (in a good way). There are no rules when it comes to the snack board!
Swap out traditional meats, cheeses and crackers with your favorite fresh veggies, pretzels, pita chips, nuts, rotisserie chicken, etc.
There is one rule to a snack board… you have to have a good dip! It brings the whole board together!
Today’s healthy snack board with Avocado dip is the perfect pairing! This tangy, bright, avocado dip is brimming with flavor and the perfect partner to fresh veggies and pita chips.
It’s an Uber healthy dip made with fresh California Avocados, creamy hummus and tangy feta cheese. It’s healthy, addicting and perfect on a warm day.
What’s in this California Avocado dip?
This avocado dip is made with:
- Ripe, fresh California Avocados
- Feta Cheese
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Garlic cloves
- Salt & Cracked black pepper
California Avocado dip for veggies
This avocado dip is perfect for veggies! Which is the star of the show of a snack board.
For a healthy snack pair this creamy avocado dip with bell pepper slices, carrot sticks, snap peas, Belgium endive, and cucumbers.
How to make California Avocado dip…
It couldn’t be easier! Add the California avocados, hummus, feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Blend on high in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Entertainers tip: have all of your ingredients cold and in the fridge so the dip is … ready for dipping!
Feta California Avocado dip
My secret ingredient for this dip: feta cheese! This feta avocado dip gives off ultra creamy tanginess in every bite! If you want this dip to be vegan friendly, you can omit the feta cheese!
A Healthy Snack Board – has no rules!
Think lunchable, but make it fancy and healthy, okay?! Some helpful tips when creating your board:
- Use whatever you have! Have a little lemon pepper chicken leftover from the week? Slice it up and throw it on there.
- A little different from a cheeseboard: While a charcuterie board is traditionally heavy with meat and cheese, snack boards tend to be heavier on the fresh veggies, dips, crackers and nuts. That’s not to say you have to totally pass on the meat and cheese though! Add some on, just don’t make it your focal point like normal.
- So versatile! A snack board is the perfect way to use up a little of this and a little of that. Think like the last 2-3 squares of dark chocolate or the handful of pretzels at the end of the bag. OR in my case, the bag of baby carrots that’s always on the brink of expiration.
Other avocado recipes to try:Print
Say hello to the newest appetizer board in your life: the snack board! This healthy snack board with California Avocado dip is a light appetizer pairing perfect for happy hour, a snack or even dinner/lunch with the right fix-ins!
The opportunities are endless. This tangy avocado dip comes together in just five minutes and is made with fresh ingredients like ripe California ripe Avocados, hummus, feta cheese, and garlic!
For California Avocado dip:
2 ripe, fresh California Avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
½ cup hummus
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Cracked black pepper
For the snack board:
Bell pepper slices
Cheddar cheese wedges
Basil leaves (for garnish)
- For dip: In a food processor or blender add avocados, hummus, feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Blend ingredients on high until the dip is smooth and creamy, transfer to a serving bowl and top with a crumble of feta cheese, if desired.
- For the board: Center the avocado dip onto the board and surround the remaining area with bell pepper slices, cucumber spears, carrot sticks, snap peas, belgium endive, pita chips, cheddar cheese wedges, avocado roses, and basil leaves for garnish.
Keywords: snacks, avocado, healthy