In need of an easy healthy lunch idea while you’re at home?! Building up the ingredients for these healthy vegetarian grain bowls for lunch is a great strategy.
Mix and match ingredients like healthy greens, grains, veggies, fruits, nuts and more. Prep one batch and you’re set for the week.
Choose your base-2-3 cups
- Taylor Farm’s Chopped Salad Kits
- Micro Greens
- Roasted Vegetables
Choose your protein: 4-6 ounces of protein
- Grilled chicken
- Hard-boiled egg
- Roasted Salmon
- Beans or chickpeas
Choose a tangy topping: 1-2 tangy toppings
- Lemon Juice
- Pickled onions (see how to quick pickle an onion below!)
Choose your fresh toppings: 2-3 fresh toppings
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Dried Fruit
Choose your sauces and dressings: 1/4 cup sauce or dressing
- Salad dressing
- In a large shallow bowl, build your bowl base. I like to use a 2/3 blend of greens or salad and a grain.
- Top with your protein of choice.
- Choose 1-2 tangy toppings and and 2-3 fresh toppings.
- Just before serving top your bowl with dressing and sauces.
You can prep the bowls ahead of time but be sure to leave the sauces and dressings reserved until serving or else your bowl may get soggy.