These crispy honey soy garlic chicken wings are juicy, savory and garlicky. They are oven baked to crispy perfection and then coated in a flavorful soy garlic sauce. Easy to make and perfect for a game day appetizer.
2 lbs chicken wings, drums and flats
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp olive oil
Cracked Black pepper
½ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup water
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp sriracha
1 tsp cornstarch
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp green onions, diced +more for topping
Sesame seeds, for garish
- Prepare a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe cooling rack on top. Cooking the chicken on top of the cooling rack will help the wings ventilate and crisp up without frying, so don’t skip this step!
- Prepare chicken wings. Pat the wings dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl. Sprinkle evenly with baking powder and toss to coat.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Bake! Transfer wings to a rack on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, flipping the chicken wings half way through cooking time.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan whisk together honey, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, sriracha, corn starch, garlic, ginger and 2 tbsp green onions. Heat on medium-high, whisking constantly until mixture is at a strong simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- When the wings are finished baking, toss with sauce to combine. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Keywords: wings, baked, soy sauce