Give your favorite Starbucks Iced Peppermint Mocha a homemade makeover with a few simple ingredients. This tasty holiday drink is spiked with peppermint schnapps for an extra kick of flavor, but can easily be made into a fun holiday mocktail!
Make this Iced Peppermint Mocha this winter!
There is nothing better than a chocolate drink topped with plenty of whip cream and drizzled with velvety chocolatey sauce around the holidays.
This coffee favorite is a Starbucks classic that can easily be made at home with a few simple ingredients like chocolate sauce, freshly brewed espresso/coffee, peppermint schnapps, cream and whip cream. I love to use this chocolate sauce for drinks at home!
Perfect when you want a festive drink at home! Top with plenty of crushed candy canes for extra holiday flare.
This easy iced peppermint mocha comes together with a few simple ingredients:
- Chocolate sauce/syrup
- Freshly brewed espresso/strong coffee- if using coffee make sure to brew extra strong/flavorful as only a little bit of coffee gets added in.
- Peppermint schnapps
- Creamer of choice
- Whip cream
- Crushed canes
How to make an iced peppermint mocha
- In a glass pour chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup in the bottom.
- Add hot espresso or coffee to the chocolate sauce and stir until the two have melted together.
- Add in peppermint schnapps and creamer.
- Fill the remaining glass with crushed ice.
- Top with a generous layer of whip cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and crushed candy canes for topping.
Make it hot: Skip the ice in the drink. You can even warm up your milk/creamer to make it stay a little warmer, longer.
Make it blended: Add all the ingredients to a blender and add 1/2 cup ice cubes, blend until smooth!
Try it decaf: Use decaf espresso/coffee beans to enjoy a treat in the evening that won’t keep you up all night!
Use white chocolate sauce: For a white chocolate mocha use white chocolate sauce instead of dark!
For a mocktail: Hold the peppermint Schnapps and add in a little peppermint extract for peppermint flavor.
Other fun holiday drinks to try:
If you make this Iced Peppermint Mocha, be sure to tag me on Pinterest and Instagram!
I seriously love seeing what you guys are making and sharing your creations with the College Housewife community!Print
Iced Peppermint Mocha
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
This tasty holiday drink is spiked with peppermint schnapps for an extra kick of flavor, but can easily be made into a fun holiday mocktail!
1–2 tbsp chocolate sauce/syrup
2 oz freshly brewed espresso or strong coffee
1–2 oz peppermint schnapps
.5-1 oz coffee creamer or milk of choice
Crushed candy canes
- In a glass pour chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup in the bottom. Add hot espresso or coffee to the chocolate sauce and stir until the two have melted together.
- Add in peppermint schnapps and creamer. Fill the remaining glass with crushed ice and top with a generous layer of whip cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and crushed candy canes for topping.
*To turn into a mocktail: Replace peppermint schnapps with 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and add in .5 oz more of coffee and creamer.
Keywords: mocha, peppermint, chocolate