This Jalapeno Cheese Ball is a crowd-pleasing version of jalapeno poppers, bursting with spicy green chili, fresh scallions, cheddar cheese, and smokey bacon. Serve it as a showstopping appetizer among laughter and cheer – perfect for the holiday season, too!
2 packages of 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp black pepper
Heavy pinch of kosher salt, or to taste
3 jalapenos, minced (reserve 2 tbsp for topping)
3 tbsp green onions, finely diced (reserve 1 tbsp for topping)
1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve ½ cup for topping)
6–8 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled, about ¾ cup (reserve ¼ cup for topping)
- Mix the ingredients: In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, kosher salt, jalapenos, green onions, cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Shape into a ball: Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap onto a flat surface and transfer the cheese mixture to the center. Wrap the cream cheese and form into a ball.
- Chill: Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until the ball is semi-firm.
- Mix toppings together: Add remaining 2 tbsp jalapenos, 1 tbsp green onions, ½ cup cheddar cheese, and ¼ cup of bacon to a baking sheet. Mix together until evenly dispersed.
- Roll in toppings: Remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and onto the baking sheet. Roll the ball into toppings until evenly coated.
- Serve: Transfer to a serving platter and serve with a variety of crackers, pretzels, chips and veggies.
Electric stand or hand mixer: Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and seasonings on medium speed until combined, then reduce the speed to low and mix in the remaining ingredients. Shape and chill as instructed.
Nutrition info is based on cheese ball only, snacks not included.
Keywords: party, spicy, crackers