This lemon poppyseed loaf cake is your easy spring dessert go to! This loaf cake is flavored with bright lemon juice and poppyseeds. In the center of the loaf is a lemond curd core and the top is drizzled with an easy lemon glaze.
Perfect for a spring breakfast with coffee or a dessert recipe for Easter.
Unsalted butter or non stick spray for greasing
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup / 1 stick of butter, melted or softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1.5 tbs. poppy seeds
1/2 cup Lemon Curd
1 cup powdered sugar
1–2 tablespoons lemon juice
1–2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, melted or softened butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add in lemon zest, flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt to batter and gently stir until batter is combined. Do not over mix, batter lumps are okay.
- Pour half of batter into a prepared loaf tin, smooth the top. Drizzle lemon curd and swirl into the batter, top with the remaining half and bake lemon loaf for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow lemon loaf to cool for 10-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and slicing.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and cream until smooth and creamy. Pour glaze on the top of lemon loaf. Top with lemon slices and poppy seeds.