The ultimate Mexican appetizer snack platter is perfect for parties and fiestas! This snack platter is filled with healthy, plant-based appetizer options! Thank you to Alpha Foods for sponsoring this fun post and keeping The College Housewife afloat!
When it comes to snacks, Mexican ones are my favorite! I am 100% a chips and guac girl at heart but I also love a cheeseboard just as equal. This Cinco De Mayo I wanted to intertwine the two for the ultimate Mexican Appetizer Snack Platter!
This snack board is perfect if you’re in need of a quick appetizer for the holiday or if you need something fun to bring to a Mexican party! Plus, this whole Mexican appetizer snack platter is completely plant-based (thanks to my friends at Alpha Foods!).
You’re probably wondering, what are Mexican ‘snacks’? Think of your staples like chips, guac, salsas, and bean dip. I wanted this Mexican appetizer to feel really hearty so I thought of things like taquitos, flautas, and quesadillas but ultimately knew what would do the trick! I turned to a round of plant-based Mexicali Alpha Burritos and their new Chik’ N Verde tamales! These authentic tamales are wrapped up in a corn husk, come in 4 different flavors and are packed with plant-based flavor. I don’t historically follow a plant-based only diet but I love keeping Alpha’s staples on hand for healthier, veggie-filled quick nights or appetizer boards! Don’t miss this ‘ultimate boyfriend board‘ we made for football season last fall!
How to make a Mexican Appetizer Snack Platter!
Grab a large cheeseboard or serving platter
Fill up three small bowls with salsas, guacamole, bean dip or pico de gallo to help ‘anchor’ the board
Fill in the rest of the board with fresh veggies and chips of your choice!
Top the rest of the empty spaces with fresh cilantro
It’s no secret that I LOVE Mexican food. These are some of my other favorite easy recipes for Cinco de Mayo or any Fiesta!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro + more for serving
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (more to taste)
- Green salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Red Salsa
- Bean Dip (I love Sprouts for this!)
- Tortilla chips
- Colorful Fresh Veggies- watermelon radishes, small peppers, bell peppers, carrots, celery
- Alpha Foods Tamales
- Alpha Foods Burritos
- In a medium bowl mash together avocados, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno and salt until smooth. Taste test guacamole for seasoning and add in more salt if necessary.
- Heat or grill Alpha Burritos in a grill pan and heat up tamales. Arrange burritos, tamales, chips, salsas, bean dip and fresh veggies onto a large serving platter.