This passion fruit martini is a light, fruity and refreshing cocktail. These passion fruit cocktails are glamorous and perfect for an at home date night drink. Made in just 5 minutes with passion fruit puree blend, vodka and cointreau for subtle notes of citrus.
Passion fruit martinis are a fruity riff on classic martinis with added passion fruit puree juice and a bit of cointreau for citrus flavor. So if you love a martini, be sure to give this a try!
These easy to make, elegant martinis are perfect for date night! Spice up your usual beer or bottle of wine and make something with, well, passion! I love serving these with a fancier pasta like homemade mushroom gnocchi or pesto stuffed shells.
While stumbling across the idea for a passion fruit martini (which are quite popular by the way!) I came across some scandalous findings…
It seems like this popular, fruity martini stemmed after the scandalous ‘porn star martini’. Needless to say I was intrigued by both! The porn star martini was discovered in England at a popular night club that was inspired by porn stars! It’s said to be what a porn star would drink, but honestly it sounds just like a delightfully sweet martini to me.
Below I’ll show you two easy ingredient swaps that help give this a ‘porn star’ martini flare with all the same easy ingredients as this passion fruit martini.
Ingredients for a Passion Fruit Martini:
- Vodka: use a high quality, clean tasting vodka. In a martini, it’s basically 2/3 vodka so grab a good quality, smooth vodka. It will integrate more easily with the other ingredients. I love Hangar 1 when I’m making a high-quality cocktail like this.
- Cointreau or triple sec: This adds a nice citrus note to the drink and cuts a little bit of the sweetness.
- Passion Fruit Puree: The key ingredient! I found this WAY better tasting then just using the puree blend from the passion fruit. Mine came in a small carton in the healthy juice section at Sprouts. I think any healthier or natural food store will carry it.
- Honey: Just a little! The drink is pretty sweet from the passion fruit puree, but add a little honey if you like your drinks extra sweet.
For a porn star martini:
Swap out regular vodka for a vanilla vodka! This adds a certain ‘aroma’ and makes the drink a bit sweeter.
Serve it with a shot of champagne or prosecco! I’m serious! I actually thought this idea was really fun and I would be very pleased if a bar served my drinks with a shot of champagne, just enough ya know?!
How to make a Passion Fruit Cocktail
- Chill your glass: pop it in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- To your shaker: add vodka, cointreau, passion fruit puree, and honey if using. Fill the remaining shaker with ice and wrap a towel around it. Place the top of shaker on and shake for 10-15 seconds or until the drink is well chilled.
- Strain into chilled glass and garnish with a passion fruit half.
What does a passion fruit martini taste like?
These are a lot sweeter than a normal martini, so if you aren’t a classic martini fan, this might be a nice recipe to ease into with. The main ingredient: passion fruit puree is sweet, tropical and bright in flavor. The vodka is mostly masked by the passion fruit. There are also subtle notes of citrus from the cointreau, a drink that is truly made for easy sipping.
Other Fruity Cocktails to Try:Print
These passion fruit martinis are a light, fruity and refreshing cocktail. These passion fruit cocktails are glamorous and perfect for an at home date night drink.
These passion fruit cocktails are glamorous and perfect for an at home date night drink.
Made in just 5 minutes with passion fruit puree blend, vodka and cointreau for subtle notes of citrus.
2 ounces vodka
½ ounce cointreau or triple sec
1 ounce passion fruit puree
Honey, 1-2 tsp for sweetness (optional)
Passionfruit half for garnish
- Chill glass in the freezer before serving
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add in vodka, cointreau, passion fruit puree and honey (optional). Wrap the shaker with a cloth towel and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds. Strain into chilled glass.
- Garnish with passion fruit half.
Sweetness: the drink is pretty sweet from the passion fruit puree, but if you like your drinks on the sweeter side, add in 1-2 teaspoons of honey to taste.
Keywords: martini, passion fruit, cocktail