3 cups whole wheat flour
¾ cup canned pumpkin puree (unsweetened, not pumpkin pie filling)
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
2 large eggs
½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp apple juice or water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, pumpkin puree, smooth peanut butter, eggs, salt, cinnamon and apple juice or water.
- Mix the dough together until it is crumbly and combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large cutting board and knead dough together lightly until the dough comes together into a ball. Add 1-2 tbsp of apple juice or water if the mixture is too dry (you may experience dough dryness if you live in a high altitude or dry climate).
- Roll out the dough into ½ inch thickness. Use a paring knife to cut dough into shapes or a bone cookie cutter. Transfer treats to a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden.
Keywords: dog treat, dog food, pumpkin, peanut butter, whole wheat