This juicy, grilled pineapple salmon is brushed with a mouthwatering sweet and savory pineapple glaze. The salmon is topped with a fresh and easy pineapple salsa that gives all the tropical vibes.
Serve this elevated summer dish for a weeknight dinner on top of a bed of your favorite rice.
Pineapple salsa for salmon:
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
¼ red onion, finely diced
1 jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed), minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ red bell pepper, diced
Juice from one lime
½ tsp salt
Pineapple glaze for salmon:
1 tbsp cornstarch
⅓ cup soy sauce
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 oz lime juice (juice from a lime)
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp sriracha
5 garlic cloves, minced
1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
For grilled salmon:
4– (4-6 ounce) salmon fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp cracked black pepper
- For pineapple salsa: Stir together fresh pineapple pieces, red onion, jalapeno, red bell pepper, lime juice and salt. Taste test for seasonings and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together glaze ingredients: corn starch, soy sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice, honey, sriracha, garlic and ginger.
- Heat glaze in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking often, until glaze has thickened slightly. Keep warm and set aside.
- To grill the salmon: Prepare your grill by brushing your grates clean heating to 450-550 F.
- Blot salmon filets dry with paper towels. The salmon should be very dry. This will ensure it from not sticking to the grill. Brush salmon filets generously with olive oil and season evenly with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill the salmon skin side down over direct heat with the lid closed for 5-7 minutes or until the fish lightens in color and you can flip the salmon filets without them sticking.
- Turn the salmon over, close the lid and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until desired doneness or fish flakes off easily. 130 F is salmon ‘finished’ temperature.
- Let it rest: Cover the salmon tightly and let it rest for 3-5 minutes before serving, this will ensure optimum juiciness!
- Drizzle/brush salmon filets with pineapple glaze evenly and top with pineapple salsa before serving.
Alternative Salmon Cooking Methods:
Pan-Seared: Prepare salmon as directed and cook in a skillet on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 130 F.
Oven-Baked: Preheat oven to 450 F. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the salmon flakes off easily with a fork.
Keywords: grilled, fish, dinner, tropical