These juicy pineapple steak tacos are filled with skirt steak marinated with garlic, ginger, pineapple juice and topped with fresh pineapple chunks!
Everyone has ‘their’ taco place. Ya know, that place you go time and time again for tacos and margaritas no matter how many great new places open.
It seems like every other Friday we head out to our local taqueria called ‘Pour Vida’ in downtown Anaheim. We have taken countless friends here for happy hour to kick off the weekend. The $5 strong margaritas reeled me in, but the insane half priced taco menu kept me coming back again and again and again.
Pour Vida was not only a Friday afternoon safe haven when I had a full time job but it gave me endless recipe inspiration. If I ever snuck out of the corporate world on a Friday, I always ended up at Pour Vida. If you haven’t tried my golden corn and kale caesar salad (Pour Vida inspired), it’s a College Housewife MUST.
Today’s pineapple steak tacos were inspired by yet another trip to Pour Vida. The last time we went we had a big group (probably 6-8) of us and I noticed that ALL of us ordered a steak taco. It was unanimous and so blatant in front of my face that the blog needed a steak taco. Pour Vida tops there steak tacos off with quite a few toppings but one thing that always stood out to me was the fresh pineapple chunks.
The combination of moist, spicy carne aside and fresh sweet pineapple chunks is pretty epic. If you’re a taco lover I highly suggest you give these a go for your next Taco Tuesday or any Mexican party!
How to make Pineapple Steak Tacos
In less than an hour you will have super flavorful pineapple steak tacos!
- In a large bowl toss together skirt steak, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, pineapple juice, honey and sriracha. Cover with plastic and marinade for at least 30 minutes (an hour if you have more time!)
- Heat up your grill or a grill pan (such a kitchen life savor) and brush with oil. Sear marinated steak for 2-3 mins on each side. Be sure to let your steak rest before cutting! This will ensure none of the juices run out too quickly.
- For a flavor bomb: heat the remaining marinade liquid on medium-high heat for 5 mins or so or until thickened. Drizzle over taco meat for a power house of extra flavor (my fav part!)
- Top off with fresh pineapple, radish slices and cilantro
Can I make these tacos low carb?
Yeah girl, I LOVE a good low carb taco. Just wrap up the pineapple steak pieces and toppings into a butter lettuce cup or a big romaine leaf. I highly suggest you give my new favorite low carb (dairy free, grain free, paleo) tortillas a try though! Siete products have changed my life for the better. I’m the type of girl that can literally eat chips and guac endlessly and these tortillas and chips make me feel guilt free. #notsponsored I seriously just love em (and I think you will too!).
Perfect Side Dishes for Tacos
If you’re serving up a taco Tuesday of a Mexican feast, give these taco side dishes a spot on your menu.
- Chopped Tostada Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Mexican Fruit Salad with Chili Lime Seasoning
- Mexican Appetizer Snack Platter
- Fire Roasted Corn & Heirloom Tomato Salsa
- Chicken Avocado Fire Roasted Corn & Bacon Quesadillas
- Big Batch Guacamole
These juicy pineapple steak tacos are filled with skirt steak marinated with garlic, ginger,pineapple juice and topped with fresh pineapple chunks!