These fruity and fresh frozen raspberry margaritas are perfect to whip up when you need something fresh, easy and delicious. They are made with frozen raspberries, your favorite tequila, chambord (or cointreau) and fresh lime juice. Simple, fresh ingredients are the secret to a great margarita! Have these in your glass in less than 5 minutes!
Say it with me… IT’S MARGARITA SEASON!
Only my favorite drinking season of the entire year! If you’ve been around for a while then you know I’m a margarita aficionado and I’d pretty much take a fresh marg over any other beverage.
Seeing as Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, I knew we needed a fresh margarita variety for this epic day. These raspberry margaritas are SO easy to make! You can whip up a batch in less than five minutes, which is great if you’re having people over.
Last years frozen strawberry margaritas were one of my most popular drinks EVER, and these are just as tasty!
They are made with real ingredients. Honestly, pre-made sugar filled margarita mixes really gross me out. I’m all about the fresh juice or nothing at all. These margs are made with simple ingredients like frozen strawberries, fresh lime juice, chambord or cointreau and your favorite tequila!
Save this recipe for Cinco de Mayo or for you next frozen cocktail!
- Raspberries- Pre frozen raspberries work great, or freeze fresh ones the night before or a couples hours before making.
- Lime Juice– Freshly squeezed! If not, this is the only brand I recommend
- Silver Tequila– Casamigos is my forever favorite. Espolon is also a great option.
- Chambord or Cointreau (raspberry or orange liquor)- use chambord for a sweeter cocktail and cointreau for more citrus flavor
- Agave or simple syrup– leave it out if you want less sugar content or don’t care for sweeter drinks
How to make these frozen raspberry margaritas:
Ah the easy beauty of a frozen cocktail!
- Pop everything into the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds of until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass rimmed lightly with salt and garnish with fresh raspberries and a lime wedge.
Swap in another fruit! You can really use any berries here, but raspberries work great if you want something extra bright in flavor. Use a blend of raspberries with peaches and mango to switch it up!
Try a different tequila! I love using silver tequila but you could also use any of the reposado or anejo varieties as well as mezcal for something smoky!
Other Margarita Recipes to try
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
- Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Cadillac Margaritas
- Pitcher Margaritas
- Christmas Margaritas
Recipes to go with a Margarita
- Green Chili Queso
- Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Steak Fajita Nachos
- Big Batch Guacamole
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
These sweet and fruity raspberry margaritas are fresh, frozen and easy on the calories. Perfect when you want a cocktail that hits just right on a hot summer day or Cinco de Mayo!
2 cups frozen raspberries
4 limes, juiced (4 fl oz lime juice)
8 ounces silver tequila
4 ounces chambord, cointreau or triple sec (orange liquor)
2 ounces agave or simple syrup
2 cups ice
- In a large blender add frozen raspberries, fresh lime juice, tequila, chambord (or cointreau), agave and ice. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Serve in a margarita glass with a salted rim, lime wedge and fresh raspberry to garnish.
Simple Syrup: To make your own simple syrup, simply boil down 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan on low heat, until clear.
Chambord or Cointreau: Use chambord if you want a sweeter, fruitier cocktail and use cointreau if you want a more citrus, bright cocktail.
Keywords: raspberry, tequila, frozen, cocktail