We’re taking iconic rice Krispies and marrying them with obscene amounts of rainbow sprinkles for quite possibly the cutest nostalgic dessert ever. Say hello to easy rice crispy treats with sprinkles. Gooey, marshmallow-y, and addicting.
2 (1 cup) sticks of unsalted butter
20 oz—2 bags of mini marshmallows, reserve 1-2 cups
1 teaspoon kosher salt
8 cups of rice krispie cereal
3/4 cup of rainbow sprinkles
- Line a large sheet pan or rectangular cake pan / casserole dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter on low heat in a large pot until melted.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and cook on medium-low heat until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove marshmallow mixture from heat and stir in rice krispie cereal until just incorporated.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly and then add in rainbow sprinkles and extra marshmallows.
- Transfer rice krispie mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with a bit more rainbow sprinkles.
- Let rice krispie treats cool at room temp until hardened. Remove and cut into squares.
- Be sure to let the mixture cool a bit before adding in sprinkles and extra marshmallows or they will melt into the batter.