This ultra creamy salmon and leek risotto is made with tender aromatic leeks, rich Parmesan cheese and studded with salmon. If you’re craving a decadent pasta dish at home, this salmon and leek risotto is perfect. Top with extra Parmesan cheese and serve with your fav white wine.
6 cups chicken stock
5 tbsp butter
2 leeks, thinly sliced (white part only)
2 cups arborio rice
¾ cup pinot grigio wine or dry white wine
2 cups finely grated pecorino or parmesan
1 cup frozen peas
1 can canned Bumble Bee® Pink Salmon, drained
2 tsp freshly cracked pepper, more to taste
- In a large stock pot bring chicken stock to a low simmer. Turn heat down to low and keep broth warm.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add in the leeks.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until leeks have softened.
- Add the rice, coat with butter and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in white wine and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the chicken broth ½ cup at a time, cooking until each addition is absorbed before adding more.
- Cook, stirring often, until rice is tender and creamy, about 20-22 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas, finely grated pecorino or parmesan cheese, Bumble Bee Pink Salmon freshly cracked pepper and salt to taste.
Keywords: risotto, salmon, pasta, dinner