Salmon Stir Fry is an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love! Ready in under 20 minutes, this savory stir fry and salmon recipe pairs perfectly with your favorite noodles or fried rice.
1 lb salmon, skin removed and cubed into 1 inch pieces
1 small yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch half moons
8 mushrooms, stems removed and halved
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tsp cornstarch
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2–3 tsp sriracha
2 tsp sesame oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare salmon. Remove the skin on the salmon and cut it into 1-inch, bite-sized cubes. Sprinkle the salmon evenly with salt and pepper.
- Prepare vegetables. De-seed and chop bell peppers, chop remaining veggies, and set aside.
- Make sauce. In a small bowl whisk together corn starch, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, sesame oil, garlic cloves and 2 tbsp of water and set aside.
- Cook salmon. Heat a large wok or skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Add in salmon cubes and cook for 3-5 minutes or until medium cooked through. Gently stir and shake the pan to move salmon. The salmon is fragile and can fall apart easily, allowing the pan to sear the salmon for a strong, golden crust. Remove the salmon and place in a separate bowl, keep warm.
- Sauté vegetables. Add in the vegetables to the same wok or skillet and cook on medium-heat. Cook vegetables for 5-7 minutes until they are tender but still crisp.
- Add sauce. Add in the soy sauce mixture and cook on medium-low for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up and is glossy.
- Combine with salmon. Gently add the salmon back in and toss lightly to combine.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Be super gentle while sautéing the salmon or it will fall apart.
- It’s best to have all your veggies chopped before starting, as the recipe moves more quickly.
Keywords: salmon stir fry, salmon, stir fry, how to make salmon stir fry