This sheet pan beef and broccoli comes together on just one sheet pan in twenty minutes (hello no dishes!) This easy healthy recipe is filled with fresh broccoli pieces, and tender beef strips all topped with a savory Asian sauce just like your favorite takeout dish!
Make this your next healthy weeknight dinner!
Hey hey hey
Such an underrated question, with so much more meaning than usual these days…
I hope (truly and sincerely) that your home has become a safe haven for you during these unprecedented times. I hope that each day you find a moment of peace. Whether it’s your morning coffee, a facetime with a family member or out getting a walk with some fresh air.
I’m often thinking about my readers (you!) right now. What you’re doing. What you’re cooking. What you’re watching lolz. It might sound weird but everyone is heavy on my heart these days as we navigate our new normal.
I do want to tell you as a blogger how I’m aiming to serve you for the month or two! While I love throwing a Mexican fiesta or making a dreamy tablescape I know that April might not necessarily be the month for party time.
However, I do hope you’re trying new and unique recipes in the kitchen that you may never have had the chance or the time to make. I also understand that so many of you are trying to juggle a hundred things and just trying to get an easy and delicious dinner on the table.
My goal for today’s sheet pan beef and broccoli is just that! This easy, healthy recipe works great with steamed rice, quinoa, and cauliflower fried rice for a complete dinner. It also helps satisfy your fav Chinese restaurant cravings that I know we are all having right about now…
If you make this recipe be sure to share it with me on Instagram, I have been having SUCH a blast with you guys cooking in stories!Ingredients for Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
- Flank Steak
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
- Corn Starch
- Soy Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Sesame Oil
How to make Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
- Make your marinade! Start by whisking together all your marinade ingredients.
- Cut your steak into strips and then use 1/3 of the marinade on the steak. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes while you preheat the oven and cut your broccoli up.
- Cut your broccoli. I like them to be in really small, bite-size pieces so they soak up lots of sauce.
- Add everything to a large sheet pan and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Make a sauce with the rest of your marinade. With the remaining 2/3 of the marinade whisk on medium-low heat in a small saucepan until your sauce has thickened but still pourable.
- Toss the beef and broccoli with the sauce and serve it up with fresh green onions, sesame seeds and a side dish like steamed rice or cauliflower fried rice!
Is this a Healthy Beef and Broccoli recipe?!
Totally! This is a healthy and easy beef and broccoli recipe. If you’re looking to have this be even healthier and low carb serve it up with cauliflower fried rice or make it with extra veggies like mushroom, zucchini, and bell peppers.
How do you marinate the beef?
To marinate the beef simply whisk together your cornstarch, soy sauce, beef broth (or chicken broth if that’s all you got!), honey, sriracha, sesame oil, and garlic into a small bowl!
Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the beef strips and let the beef marinate for 20-30 minutes before baking.
Do you steam the broccoli before?
Nah! Who’s got time for that! No need to steam the broccoli, just trim it up into bite-size pieces and place it right onto your sheet pan with the beef. Do season it with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
Other Easy Asian Recipes!
- Easy Cashew Chicken and Veggies
- Easy Spicy Chicken Ramen Soup
- Easy Homemade Healthy Ramen Bowls
- Kale and Lentil Veggie Broth Bowls
- Asian Ginger Garlic Sheet Pan Salmon
- Healthy Chicken Pan Thai with Zoodles
This sheet pan beef and broccoli cooks up in just twenty minutes. (hello no dishes!)
This easy asian recipe is filled with healthy fresh broccolli pieces and tender beef strips all topped with a savory asian sauce just like your favorite takeout dish!
For sauce & marinade:
For sheet pan:
- In a small bowl whisk together marinade ingredients: corn starch, soy sauce, beef broth, honey, sriracha, sesame oil and garlic until smooth.
- In a large bowl pour 1/3 of marinade mixture over flank steak pieces, cover and marinate for 20 minutes or up to one hour. Reserve the rest of marinade/sauce mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- On a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper, spread out broccoli florets and drizzle lightly with olive oil and salt and pepper. Add marinated flank steak to broccoli and bake for 15-20 minutes or until steak is cooked through.
- While beef and broccoli is baking, prepare the remaining sauce. In a small pot heat marinade/sauce mixture on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes, whisking often, until sauce has thickened.
- Pour sauce over the beef and broccoli and top with sesame seeds and green onions. Optional: serve with rice or quinoa.
If your marinade sauce becomes too thick, you can add more beef broth to thin it out.